Degree Works Faculty and Advisor FAQ

Degree Works is a web-based advising tool which will produce an easy-to-read and user-friendly academic evaluation to help students and advisors monitor progress toward degree completion. Degree Works looks at the degree requirements of the Georgia State catalog and the coursework completed to give students and advisors better information in selecting coursework and understanding degree requirements.
Degree Works will help you:

  • Determine what requirements your students need to fulfill to complete their degrees.
  • View course grades and cumulative grade-point average (GPA).
  • Determine which courses students have taken or transferred apply toward degree requirements and which ones count as electives.
  • View transfer credits, waivers, and exemptions applied toward your students'  degrees.
  • See how your student’s coursework could be applied toward another major, minor, or concentration using the What-If option, which is very helpful when advising students who are considering changing their majors.
  • Confirm your students’ academic standings. 
All students entering Fall 2013 or later (as well as students who change to the Fall 2013 or later catalog term) will use Degree Works. Students under earlier catalog terms will continue to use the current Academic Evaluation (CAPP) to track their degree requirements.
No. Registration (including prerequisite checks) will continue within the PAWS registration system. 
Yes. With the 'Save as PDF' button, you can save or print a PDF version of your Degree Works academic evaluation. When doing so, please be aware of FERPA regulations.
Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in Degree Works.
Yes. On the Degree Works academic evaluations tab, click on the Class History link at the top for a list of courses taken at Georgia State as well as transfer courses.
Once AP scores are received from the College Board and credit is granted they are posted to the student record and will appear on the Degree Works academic evaluation. Likewise, undergraduate transfer work if articulated by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will also appear. Graduate transfer credits are added by the students’ graduate college, and will also appear on their Degree Works academic evaluations.