Degree Works Information for Faculty and Advisors
Degree Works is a web-based tool that provides real-time advice on degree progression. This system is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions.
Degree Works is used to evaluate degree progress for students who matriculated at Georgia State University. Please note that for Atlanta campus, Degree Works can be accessed for new and continuing students who have a catalog term of Fall 2013 or later.
Benefits of Degree Works for Georgia State University
- Supports real-time delivery of degree completion information through intuitive web self-service interfaces
- Allows advisors to search for students by various criteria such as college, degree, major, classification, etc. to view degree progress
- Provides the ability for advisors to make degree requirement substitutions electronically
- Online environment reduces paperwork and manual degree checklists
- Increases productivity between academic departments across campus